|Wikipedia Reward Board|
The reward board is an informal page where users who want a specific task related to Wikipedia (such as the promotion of an article to featured article status or the editing of an image) can offer a reward to editors willing to take on the task. The execution and details of the transaction are the responsibility of the participating parties, and the reward can be monetary, goods (books, cookies, etc.), barnstars, or tit-for-tat editing (like improving another article).
The Wikimedia Foundation is not hiring contributors and no payments are made by the Foundation. This is purely a page for editors to offer rewards to other editors. Challenges may remain open for a maximum duration of one year. After that period of time, the challenge will be moved to expired requests; however, the author of the challenge may repost the challenge with a new expiration period. The aim of this policy is to keep the board clutter-free, ensure editors are available to fulfill such challenges, and to ensure the challenges are still valid.
See Wikipedia:Conflict of interest for information about monetary compensation and possible conflicts of interest.
How to offer a reward
If you would like to offer a reward such as the ones below, simply add an entry below. Add all the details that you feel are relevant to the reward, in a format similar to this pattern:
===Reward title=== *'''Offeror''': ~~~ *'''Date offered''': ~~~~~ *'''Request''': What needs to be done to claim the award. *'''Reward''': The reward you are offering. *'''Limit on rewards''': In the case of possible multiple rewards, any limit set. *'''Expires''': Date until which your offer is valid. Max expiration date is one year from offer date. *'''Sign-up''': Person interested in taking on the task. Please provide expected completion date.
In the case of a monetary offer, please specify country currency. Numerous countries use the same symbols.
Please place new entries in chronological order of expiration. See Wikipedia:Reward board fulfilled requests for past rewards.
Translations from Russian
- Offeror: PlanespotterA320
- Date offered: 18 July 2018
- Request: Assist in the backlog of redlinked super-notable articles needing translation from Russian here by developing non-stub articles (absolute minimum 3 paragraphs, preferably much more)
- Reward: For ten full articles written from the list you will receive a Writer's barnstar; 25 or more will result in a barnstar of national merit; 50 will result in the awarding of the Translation Barnstar, and any user who translates 100 articles in full will be awarded the Rosetta Barnstar.
- Limit on rewards: Articles may not be stubs or copy-pasted machine-translated text.
- Expires: 18 July 2019
Translation to any language
- Offeror: Damien Linnane (talk)
- Date offered: 01:24, 9 December 2018 (UTC)
- Request: Translate one of 'my' GAs, FAs or FLCs into another language, and then nominate for GA, FA or FLC at the Wiki for that language. A full-list of the potential noms can be found on my userpage, plus languages they have already been translated to.
- Reward: Two barnstars; one for translating and another for successful nomination. Or if you prefer I could review any English language GA, FA, FLC or PR of your choice.
- Limit on rewards: No limits; by all means translate multiple articles. Obviously machine-translated text does not qualify for reward.
- Expires: One year (December 9, 2019)