This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Chairman of State Fiscal Service of Ukraine|
5 May 2015 – 31 January 2018
|Preceded by||Ihor Bilous|
|Succeeded by||Myroslav Prodan (acting)|
|Born||3 March 1979|
Chernihiv, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union
|Citizenship||Ukrainian, British, Hungarian|
|Political party||Petro Poroshenko Bloc "Solidarity"|
|Alma mater||Kyiv National Economic University|
Chernihiv State Institute of Economics and Management
Roman Mykhailovych Nasirov (Ukrainian: Роман Насіров; born 3 March 1979) is a Ukrainian politician who served as the Head of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine. He was temporarily relieved of his duties on 3 March 2017 and although he was reinstated in his function by a court decision late 2018 he did not return as head of the State Fiscal Service.
Roman Nasirov was born in Chernihiv, on 3 March 1979. In 2000 Roman Nasirov graduated from the Chernihiv State Institute of Economics and Management, with a specialty in Finance. In December 2001 he graduated from the Kyiv National Economic University, with a specialty in Law. He received his PhD degree in Law in 2015 from The Legislation Institute of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. He is currently (2016) a candidate for Doctor of Economics at Chernihiv National University of Technology.
In December 2009 he was the CEO of Renaissance Capital Ukraine, Central & Eastern Europe. In March 2013 Roman Nasirov was the Deputy Chairman of the Board of the State Food and Grain Corporation of Ukraine. In April 2014 Roman Nasirov was CEO of BTGPactual (Ukraine) and in November 2014 he won a seat in the Verkhovna Rada (Ukrainian parliament) for Petro Poroshenko Bloc. In December 2014 Roman Nasirov was the head of the Committee of the Verkhovna Rada on Tax and Customs Policy. In May 2015 Roman Nasirov was appointed the Head of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine. In July 2016 at the 20th General Assembly of the Intra-European Organisation of Tax Administrations (IOTA), which was held in Romania, Roman Nasirov was elected as the President of the Intra-European Organisation of Tax Administrations (IOTA).
Nasirov was taken to Kiev's Feofania hospital late on 2 March 2017. Meanwhile he was being investigated for embezzlement (in conjunction with MP Oleksandr Onyshchenko) of 2 billion hryvnias (UAH) ($75 million) in tax revenue linked to a gas deal (punishable to six years in prison).
Ukraine's National Anti-Corruption Bureau opened a case against Nasirov corruption with total of UAH 2 billion. Following a three-month pre-trial investigation, the Special Anti-Corruption Prosecutor decided to indict Nasirov in November 2017.
On 31 January 2018, the Cabinet of Ministers dismissed Nasirov as head of the State Fiscal Service. But on 1 December 2018, the District Administrative Court of Kiev reinstated him in this position and ordered the state to pay him a compensation of 184 thousand hryvnias. According to the press secretary of the State Fiscal Service Natalia Nepryakhina, Nasirov did appear at the office of the State Fiscal Service on 27 December 2018 but that Oleksandr Vlasov remained the head of the organisation.
- 20th General Assembly of IOTA
- "Ukraine chief falls ill as police close in over $75 million graft". Reuters. 3 March 2017.
- "Nasirov transported to M.D. Strazhesko Institute of Cardiology". Ukrinform. 4 March 2017.
- "Ukraine's powerful tax chief held in €70 million graft case". Irish Times. 6 March 2017.
- "Special Anti-Prosecutor's Office sends Nasirov to trial court". Kyiv Post. 12 November 2017.
- (in Ukrainian) Nasyrov brought documents to the CEC - he also wants the presidency, Ukrayinska Pravda (16 January 2019)
- (in Ukrainian) The DFS says Nasiriyah came, but he did not become a leader, Ukrayinska Pravda (27 December 2018)
- Roman Nasirov: The 'single window' in Ukrainian realities
- Roman Nasirov: Chronicles of customs reforms in Ukraine
- Roman Nasirov: State Fiscal Service collects additional $6 billion in tax revenues for Ukrainians
- Roman Nasirov: Electronic services is a top priority for State Fiscal Service of Ukraine
- Roman Nasirov: Heads of European tax offices will get together in Ukraine for ‘Tax Eurovision
- The Opening Of The Regional Dog Training Centre Of The World Customs Organization In Khmelnytskyi
- Implementation of the Budget 2017 will be Difficult, but I Look to the Future with Confidence
- Roman Nasirov: International activity of the SFS – results of the year
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Roman Nasirov.|
- Biography on the Ukrainian Parliament site
- Intra-European Organisation of Tax Administrations (IOTA)
- Biography on the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine site
- Facebook page of Roman Nasirov (ua/en)
- Twitter page of Roman Nasirov (ua/en)