My Front Porch Looking In
|"My Front Porch Looking In"|
|Single by Lonestar|
|from the album From There to Here: Greatest Hits|
|Released||March 10, 2003|
Frank J. Myers
|Lonestar singles chronology|
"My Front Porch Looking In" is a song written by Richie McDonald, Frank J. Myers and Don Pfrimmer, and recorded by American country music group Lonestar. It was released in March 2003 as the first single from the band's album From There to Here: Greatest Hits. The song reached the top of the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart and peaked at number 23 on the Billboard Hot 100.
The song describes how the sight of his beautiful wife and two adorable children is far better than anything including his "panoramic view" of his estate or "the paintings from the air, brushed by the hand of God." He also describes that after seeing the whole world, he "can't wait to get back home to the one He made for me."
The music video was directed by Trey Fanjoy and it was released in May 2003. It features the band playing on a front porch in the middle of a city.
"My Front Porch Looking In" debuted at number 48 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of March 15, 2003.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||23|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- ""My Front Porch Looking In" lyrics". CMT. Retrieved 2009-09-08.
- "Lonestar Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "Lonestar Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Best of 2003: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2003. Retrieved July 13, 2012.
|This 2000s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|