List of Wikipedia people
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Evan Amos, a New York City-based professional photographer known for his numerous stock images of video game consoles, which are frequently used in Wikipedia articles
- Amin Azzam, an American psychiatrist and clinical professor at the UCSF School of Medicine known for teaching a class to medical students which consists entirely of editing Wikipedia articles
- Hampton Catlin
- William Connolley, a climate modeller who edits Wikipedia using his real name
- Danese Cooper
- Lee Daniel Crocker
- Florence Devouard, a French Wikipedian and former Chair of the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation
- Mike Dickison
- Dmitry Erokhin
- Siân Evans
- Faizul Latif Chowdhury, Bangladeshi economist and writer who uses his real name to edit wikipedia, primarily the Bengali-language edition
- Martin Haase
- Aaron Halfaker, a research scientist at the Wikimedia Foundation
- James Heilman
- Miran Hladnik, Slovene literary historian
- Uładzimir Katkoŭski
- Rauan Kenzhekhanuly
- Bassel Khartabil
- Justin Knapp, an American Wikipedian who in 2012 became the first person to make 1 million Wikipedia edits
- Ihor Kostenko
- Jacqueline Mabey
- Katherine Maher, executive director of the Wikimedia Foundation
- Michael Mandiberg
- Magnus Manske
- Rémi Mathis
- Erik Möller
- Larry Sanger, co-founder of Wikipedia
- Tony Santiago, editor recognized in 2007 by the 23th Senate of Puerto Rico for his contributions to Puerto Rico–related content
- David Shankbone
- Jan Sokol, Czech philosopher, university professor and promoter of WMCZ project Senior Citizens Write Wikipedia
- Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight
- Aaron Swartz
- Jess Wade
- Adrianne Wadewitz (1977–2014), an American Wikipedian and scholar of 18th-century British literature
- Jimmy Wales, co-founder of Wikipedia
- Maia Weinstock
- Lien, Tracey (2013-10-31). "Preserving video game history one photo at a time". Polygon. Retrieved 2018-01-06.
- Feltman, Rachel (2014-01-28). "America's future doctors are starting their careers by saving Wikipedia". Quartz. Retrieved 2018-01-06.
- Morris, Kevin (2013-04-25). "The greatest movie that never was". The Daily Dot. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- Dan O'Sullivan (2016), Wikipedia: A New Community of Practice?, Routledge, p. 88, ISBN 9781134766246
- "Board of Trustees". Wikimedia Foundation. 2012-02-15. Retrieved 2018-02-26.
- Chris Wilson (15 Jan 2016), "Why Wikipedia Is in Trouble", TIME
- "Justin Knapp Makes History On Wikipedia". NPR. 2012-04-20. Retrieved 2018-01-06.
- Hannah Kuchler (8 December 2017), "Wikimedia director wants more women in online encyclopedia", Financial Times
- Cohen, Noam (2014-04-19). "Adrianne Wadewitz, 37, Wikipedia Editor, Dies in Rock Climbing Fall". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2018-01-06.
- Kiss, Jemima (2010-11-09). "Jimmy Wales makes Wikia stickier with a social revamp". The Guardian. Retrieved 2018-01-06.