|Born||6 May 2019|
Portland Hospital, London, United Kingdom
|Residence||Frogmore Cottage, Windsor, Berkshire, UK|
Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor (born 6 May 2019) is the son of Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex. A great-grandchild of Queen Elizabeth II, he is seventh in the line of succession to the British throne.
Birth and family
Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor is the son of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. He was born at 05:26 BST (04:26 UTC) on 6 May 2019 at the Portland Hospital in London. Several landmarks were illuminated in different colours to mark the birth, including Niagara Falls, the CN Tower and the London Eye. His name was announced on 8 May 2019. He was baptised wearing the royal christening gown by the Archbishop of Canterbury on 6 July 2019 in the Private Chapel of Windsor Castle.
Archie Mountbatten-Windsor is descended from the British royal family on his father's side and from the American working class on his mother's side. He is a citizen of both the United Kingdom and of the United States.
Title and succession
A great-grandchild of Queen Elizabeth II, Archie Mountbatten-Windsor is seventh in the line of succession to the British throne. He is also heir apparent to his father's Dukedom of Sussex, Earldom of Dumbarton, and Barony of Kilkeel.
Because the Duke of Sussex is not the eldest son of the Prince of Wales, his son is neither a British prince nor does he have the style "Royal Highness". His parents had the option of using one of Prince Harry's subsidiary titles, such as Earl of Dumbarton, as a courtesy, but they decided instead that he would be styled as Master Archie Mountbatten-Windsor, in accordance with their wish that he grow up as a private citizen.
- "Royal baby: Meghan gives birth to boy, Harry announces". BBC News. 6 May 2019. Retrieved 6 May 2019.
- Davies, Gareth (17 May 2019). "Duchess of Sussex gave birth at Portland Hospital in Westminster, royal baby's birth certificate confirms". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 17 May 2019.
- Mowat, Justin (6 May 2019). "Niagara Falls will shine blue Monday to mark royal birth". CBC News. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- "CN Tower lit in purple to mark birth of royal baby". CBC News. 6 May 2019. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- "London Eye to turn red, white and blue for royal baby". BT. Press Association. 6 May 2019. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- "Royal baby: Duke and Duchess of Sussex name son Archie". BBC News. 8 May 2019. Retrieved 8 May 2019.
- Dymond, Jonny (6 July 2019). "Harry and Meghan's baby Archie christened at Windsor". bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- Barry, Ellen; Karasz, Palko (6 May 2019). "Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, Gives Birth to a Boy". The New York Times. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
... he represents change for the oldest of houses. He is half American, descended on his mother’s side from a bellhop in a Cleveland hotel, a laundry worker in Chattanooga, and a bartender in an Atlanta saloon.
- Alexander, Harriet (7 May 2019). "US tax authorities could stake a claim to Baby Sussex's inheritance". The Telegraph. Retrieved 8 May 2019.
- "Royal baby: All you need to know about the birth of Harry and Meghan's child". BBC News. Retrieved 6 May 2019.
- "Royal baby: Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, gives birth to boy". The Guardian. 6 May 2019. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- Furness, Hannah; Southworth, Phoebe; Herbert, Samantha (6 May 2019). "Royal baby: Prince Harry says birth of son is 'the most amazing experience' as world waits for first sighting". The Telegraph. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- Spangler, Jonathan (6 May 2019). "The rise and fall of 'Royal Highness': a brief history of royal titles and what it means for Prince Harry's baby". History Extra. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- "Archie Harrison: The meaning behind the royal baby's name". BBC News. 8 May 2019. Retrieved 8 May 2019.
- "Succession". The Royal Family. 17 March 2016. Retrieved 17 May 2019.
- Barry, Ellen (8 May 2019). "Harry and Meghan Name Their Son: Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor". The New York Times. Retrieved 11 May 2019.
- "Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor – what's in a name?". The Guardian. 8 May 2019. Retrieved 11 May 2019.
- Archie Mountbatten-Windsor at the Royal Family website
Archie Mountbatten-WindsorBorn: 6 May 2019
|Lines of succession|
The Duke of Sussex
| Succession to the British throne
7th in line
The Duke of York